Sr. HRIS SpecialistOffice: Kaiser Permanente Bldg
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed (physician led), multi-specialty group of over 1500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Kaiser Permanente is one of the nation's pre-eminent health care systems, a benchmark for comprehensive, integrated and high quality care. NWP is welcoming applications for a full-time Senior HRIS Specialist to join the HRIS team. The primary focus of this position is the support and maintenance of the Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS). This position will be responsible for ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report running and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities and will regularly collaborate with subject matter experts. The Senior HRIS Specialist will also enter data into the system and support HRIS upgrades, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
Support and maintenance of the HRIS:
- Conduct accurate and timely data entry of employee changes into the systems.
- Maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools; develop and administer standard reports. Occasional report writing may be required.
- Perform ongoing HR system audits to ensure high level of HR data integrity and validity.
- Provide support for HRIS including, but not limited to, researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions ecommend or alternate methods to meet requirements.
Assist with system changes and maintenance including:
- Review, testing, and configuration of HRIS system implementation and upgrades.
- Participate on project teams to develop/enhance the system and to aid in the implementation of additional system features.
- May process system table updates as needed
Training and Documentation
- Process documentation and the development of desk procedures.
- End-user support and training as needed.
Email Customer Service
- Monitor HRIS team email inbox for change requests and inquiries either responding accordingly or routing for further support.
- Execute additional projects as assigned
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- Associates degree in Business, or related field. Required education may be augmented by equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum 2 years of HR systems experience and employee maintenance experience (data entry).
- Understanding of HR processes and employee data combined with a strong understanding HRIS/payroll database design, structure, functions and processes.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel required.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve problems; detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and follow through.
- Ability to establish trust and maintain and high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Excellent computer skills for analysis and ability to manipulate data for reporting purposes.
- Collaborative approach and able to work with other departments as required to ensure data integrity.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with HR systems (Ultimate Software, LMS, performance management, etc.)
At Northwest Permanente, P.C., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente, P.C. believes that diversity, inclusion, and equity among our employees is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.