L-Optometrist (LOPTO01939)Office: Rockwood Medical Ofc
We currently are seeking locum Optometrists with interest and expertise in primary eye care (contact lens experience preferred) for Regional float positions. Our new associate will join 62 optometrists, 23 ophthalmologists, along with a staff of assistants and licensed opticians providing eye care services to our patients in Portland and Salem, Oregon, and Vancouver and Longview, Washington. Our Regional Eye Care Services consist of Ophthalmology, Optometry, Optical Dispensaries and Optical Lab. This comprehensive program provides a broad range of refractive, diagnostic, medical and surgical services. Our 11 clinics are equipped with state of the art automated refraction and imaging technology where a motivated Optometric Physician can practice to his or her full potential.
Northwest Permanente, P.C. is a self-governed (physician led), multi-specialty group of over 1500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Kaiser Permanente is one of the nation's pre-eminent health care systems, a benchmark for comprehensive, integrated and high quality care.
#1 Ranking of all Medicare 5 Star Plans
#3 Ranking NCQA Medicare Plans
#5 Ranking NCQA Commercial Plans
In collaboration with business clients and data teams, provide information analysis and analytical modeling support:
- Perform complex analyses on a broad range of clinical quality issues. Design and execute analytic approaches. Interpret and synthesize findings into actionable recommendations. Communicate complex analyses and findings in a concise and understandable manner. Proactively identify and research key clinical quality issues by regularly analyzing trends.
- Provide data consulting, technical, and analytical support, working independently with quality strategy and quality implementation teams. Participate fully in project management and completion. Work collaboratively with KPIT to develop PST care gaps and KPHC decision support to enhance quality and safety of patient care.
- Develop and maintain clinical performance measures and reporting systems to inform clinicians, staff, employers, and members on current trends and performance relative to key clinical initiatives. Update regularly to ensure consistency with clinical protocols and external benchmarks.
- Participate in research, analysis, and remediation of moderately complex data issues that directly affect reporting and analysis. Work collaboratively with data teams to translate business information requirements into useful data sources. Contribute to the maintenance of essential technical documentation.
- Continuously improve and expand technical and analytical skills through formal and informal training, as well as assignments. Transfer knowledge and tools to clients through advice, informal and formal training and coaching activities.
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative or technical discipline, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Five (5) years analytical experience
- Two (2) years health-care experience
- Strong proficiency in the use of SAS and/or SQL programming languages, Oracle and Teradata database management systems, or equivalent.
- Proven ability to conduct, interpret, and present quantitative/qualitative analyses.
- Proven skills in project management, including clear project plans and deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Be assertive, objective, and candid in advising clients on difficult issues.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative or technical discipline
- Additional years of experience as a health-care analyst
- Epic certified in population management & reporting tools
- Previous experience with quality improvement and national benchmarks such as HEDIS
- Specific and broad knowledge of KPNW operations, KP HealthConnect, including Hyperspace, Clarity and Chronicles
At Northwest Permanente, P.C., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente, P.C. believes that diversity, inclusion, and equity among our employees is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.