Internship - Undergraduate - Quality & ServiceOffice: Kaiser Permanente Bldg
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2019 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available beginning June 17, 2019 in our Quality & Service Department. This temporary internship position is scheduled for 10 weeks and is not to exceed 6 months. Undergraduate level internship work may include less involved research projects and documentation; phone communication, meeting minute transcriptions; Power Point production; social media maintenance; document and template updates; marketing material production; website updates.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Synthesize patient satisfaction data and best practices into meaningful insights and tools that can be used by NWP leaders; possible projects include:
- cross-intersection of Press Ganey data by specific populations (e.g. Medicare, age, ethnicity)
- overlay patient satisfaction data x clinical outcomes data to create regional heat map
- tools to support purposeful rounding by physician leaders
- tools to support clinician awareness on tactics that can successfully propel 4 to 5 care experience score
- Synthesize cancer screening care gap data and best practices into meaningful insights and tools that can be used by NWP leaders; possible projects include:
- recognition program tying early detection outcome for a patient back to clinician-support staff dyad that scheduled cancer screening appointment
- patient partner interviews
- special cancer screening event/fairs
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- A student currently enrolled in a collegiate academic program.
PAY RATE: $19.23/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
At Northwest Permanente, P.C., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente, P.C. believes that diversity, inclusion, and equity among our employees is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.