Internship - Undergraduate - Medical InformaticsOffice: Kaiser Permanente Bldg
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2019 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available beginning June 17, 2019 in our Medical Informatics Department. This temporary internship position is scheduled for 10 weeks and is not to exceed 6 months. Undergraduate level internship work may include less involved research projects and documentation; phone communication, meeting minute transcriptions; Power Point production; social media maintenance; document and template updates; marketing material production; website updates.
- SharePoint Migration: We will need to rebuild our SharePoint site as it is upgraded. The intern can help with concept / design as well as building the site as needed.
- Pathway to Proficiency Prep: This is an ongoing line item we have interns help with since it’s a large part of our department and we can always use help with prep and teaching interns about all the steps for a successful program.
- ED Optimization Planning: Creating this from scratch and are planning of having a pilot in early summer that we’d want the intern to be a part of, then help us to plan for the next optimization and make changes to the optimization as needed.
- Phases of Care: We are redoing all of the Pre-Op Order Sets to add Phases of Care to improve patient care, we could use an intern to help shepherd this project along.
- Visible Light Project: We are in the beginning stages of this project, but the meetings are just starting and will continue through the end of August. This will be a good project for them to see how we bring new modules into KPHC.
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- A student currently enrolled in a collegiate academic program.
PAY RATE: $19.23/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
At Northwest Permanente, P.C., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente, P.C. believes that diversity, inclusion, and equity among our employees is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.