Internship - Undergraduate - Business AffairsOffice: Kaiser Permanente Bldg
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2019 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available beginning June 17, 2019 in our Business Affairs Department. This temporary internship position is scheduled for 10 weeks and is not to exceed 6 months. Undergraduate level internship work may include less involved research projects and documentation; phone communication, meeting minute transcriptions; Power Point production; social media maintenance; document and template updates; marketing material production; website updates.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
To support the Provider Network Management strategy and function there are (2) projects that would increase organizational capabilities and effectiveness:
Permanente Provider Network Geographic Information System (GIS) Project
Goal: Create a visual and interactive representation of the Permanente Provider Network footprint that depicts KP facilities, contracted locations, status and health of implementation, and contingency plans for network adequacy
- Interface with key stakeholders in Business Affairs, Provider Contracting, Network Adequacy and Executive Sponsors to obtain requirements
- Develop process to obtain data on key attributes
- Facilitate design sessions and partner with GIS team to translate key attributes in a geographical visual representation
- Develop an implementation plan and present final product to leadership and key stakeholders
- Approved Project Charter
- Process and procedural documentation
- Visual map that displays key attributes (paper and computer based)
- Implementation and Communication Plan
Strategic Partnership Lessons Learned Library
Goal: Create a project retrospective, conduct an assessment and document repository to inform affiliated partners integration models and best practices
- Research and gather artifacts regarding past external partnership implementations and sustainment plans
- Conduct retrospective surveys/interviews with functional area leads and document findings
- Develop a centrally located lessons learned library (SharePoint site)
- Approved Project Charter
- Retrospective/interview questionnaire
- SharePoint site populated with key artifacts
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- A student currently enrolled in a collegiate academic program.
PAY RATE: $19.23/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
At Northwest Permanente, P.C., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente, P.C. believes that diversity, inclusion, and equity among our employees is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.