Internship - Graduate - Quality & Care DeliveryOffice: Kaiser Permanente Bldg
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2019 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available beginning June 17, 2019 in our Quality & Care Delivery Department. This temporary internship position is scheduled for 10 weeks and is not to exceed 6 months. Graduate level internship work may include in-depth research projects and documentation; complex data analysis and graphs; writing and designing new collateral marketing materials; assisting with audits; developing and executing surveys for internal or external stakeholders; completing process improvement audits.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide administrative support and project coordination to support initial program development.
2. Help further scope project goals and build project plan with time-line, deliverables, owners.
3. Support physician work-group in the development of plant strong philosophy statement.
4. Work with NWP communications, possibly HP marketing communications, to design a visual to represent the plant strong philosophy.
5. Complete journal and case research for health and afford-ability aspects of the business case to demonstrate this is evidence-based. This information can be incorporated into training material.
6. Help coordinate development of a CME course.
7. Research available patient assessment tools and questionnaires offered and their efficacy.
8. Seek information about KPNW Exercise as a Vital Sign initiative and how this program was developed, implemented and is now being monitored and evaluated. Use this learning to present recommendations for integrating plant strong questions or building a separate tool in HealthConnect.
9. Before the internship concludes, create a project plan for the next two years to meet additional program goals and implementation.
10. Understand how Plant-Strong Project can be aligned with Permanente Health and Wellness for clinicians.
Additional projects: support wellness program and events as available.
Ideal candidate is studying public health interest.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A graduate student of any age or background who has been accepted into or is currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program (e.g., MBA, MHA, MPH, MSW, etc.)
PAY RATE: $24.47/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
At Northwest Permanente, P.C., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente, P.C. believes that diversity, inclusion, and equity among our employees is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.