Internship - Graduate - Mental Health & Addiction MedicineOffice: Kaiser Permanente Bldg
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) is a self-governed, physician led, multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. We invite you to apply for our 2019 summer internship program. We have a full-time internship available beginning June 17, 2019 in our Mental Health & Addiction Medicine Department. This temporary internship position is scheduled for 10 weeks and is not to exceed 6 months. Graduate level internship work may include in-depth research projects and documentation; complex data analysis and graphs; writing and designing new collateral marketing materials; assisting with audits; developing and executing surveys for internal or external stakeholders; completing process improvement audits. We have an Educational MH Manager that works with the local schools to support recruiting graduate level interns.Centering health equity at the forefront of our strategies for building and redesigning our Mental Health recovery-oriented system of care. Currently, we are serving culturally-specific populations at below the expected penetration rate, e.g., members who identify as black make up 4.6% of the population, but the Mental Health department only sees 2.59% of individuals who identify as black.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & PROJECTS:
- Coordinate a data tracking system and complete a health equity evaluation within the department as well as the development of a MH health equity plan that will guide us into our strategies of 2020 for operations. This will include adopting a program that is inclusive of consumer voice, which will include patient interviews.
- Support conducting a community wide assessment of the social determinants of health that are impacting health equity.
- Community assessment of mental health disparities within the service delivery array
- Health equity assessment as it related to mental health within KPNW
- Health equity recommendations with work plan for 2020
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on healthcare delivery
- A graduate student of any age or background who has been accepted into or is currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program (e.g., MBA, MHA, MPH, MSW, etc.)
- Basic understanding of health equity and cultural awareness
- Understanding of social determinant of health wich are the social factors and physical conditions of the environment in which people are born, live, learn, play, work, and age
- MSW (Administrative Social Work) or MPH or MBA in Healthcare - specific focus in health equity
PAY RATE: $24.47/hr
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.
At Northwest Permanente, P.C., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente, P.C. believes that diversity, inclusion, and equity among our employees is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.