Thrive as a Primary Care Physician in the Pacific Northwest
March 31, 2016
As a family or internal medicine residency graduate, you have faced countless challenges, surmounted many obstacles, and pursued your calling with passion and perseverance. You have dedicated yourself to a profession in which you know you can make a real difference.
Now that you are ready to embark upon your career in medicine, your next step will be to choose an organization that shares your passion, dedication, and will nurture your professional development. Ideally, it will also be one that allows you to live in a location that offers an inspirational lifestyle.
When you choose a career with Northwest Permanente, you get the best of both worlds. We are a medical group committed to prevention, evidenced-based medicine, and excellence at every level. In the Pacific Northwest, you will be part of a region that offers an eclectic culture, vibrant outdoor living and great people.
Living in the Northwest
The Pacific Northwest is famous for its exceptional natural beauty, energetic outdoor culture, and unique blend of sophisticated city centers and family-friendly neighborhoods. Whether you love hip cafes, nightlife, local handicrafts, outdoor markets, or picturesque nature trails, the Pacific Northwest has something to fit your lifestyle. Here are just a few examples of popular attractions and activities:
- Nature at its Finest: Lush evergreen forests, magnificent volcanic mountains, breathtaking waterfalls, and spectacular coastlines with sweeping sand dunes are just a few of the Northwest’s natural attractions.
- Outdoor Activities: Secluded hiking trails, idyllic ski resorts, dune-buggy excursions, animal preserves, petting zoos, urban goats, and much more.
- Scenic Bikeways: Some of the best sightseeing experiences in Oregon and Washington, all from the seat of a bike.
- Cycling and Running: Active bicycling and running culture with events year-round, including Cycle Oregon, the Hood to Coast relay race series, the Portland Marathon, and many more.
- Family-Friendly Living: Progressive education system and a wide variety of opportunities for enrichment, adventure, and family fun.
- Cultural Enrichment: Diverse spectrum of cultural activities, festivals, community events, and educational opportunities.
- Art Fairs: Regular art events throughout the region, like Portland’s Crafty Wonderland, Vancouver’s Recycled Arts festival, and Longview’s annual Art in the Park festival.
- World-Class Dining: Fine restaurants and chic cafes to suit every taste and price range, as well as farmer’s markets abundant with fresh, locally-grown produce.
- World-Renowned Vineyards: Superb wines cloned from the original French vines and vineyard tours and tastings year-round.
- Craft Brewing: Handcrafted beers, as well as tours, tastings, and home-brewing classes all offered by the region’s many local artisan breweries.
If you would like to learn more, please visit our Northwest Living page.
Careers at Northwest Permanente
For more than 70 years, Northwest Permanente has been providing patients with the highest quality care available in OR and SW WA. We are dedicated to the success and fulfillment of our team-members, providing rewarding careers, world-class benefits, and competitive compensation. We also offer many opportunities for professional development and leadership.
Our integrated health care model, chronic disease management programs, state-of-the-art technology, and award-winning medical centers provide the perfect foundation for our physicians to practice medicine at the highest level. Our award-winning health and wellness programs support healthy living for our health care professionals, their families and the community.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation package is locally competitive and comprised of base compensation, incentive/bonus plan, and additional benefits. Our benefits plans are designed to fit the lifestyle of each individual in our organization. Further information is available here.
Physician Career Opportunities
Northwest Permanente is the largest medical group in the Northwest, employing more than 1,500 of the best and brightest physicians, clinicians, and sub-specialists in virtually every area of medical and surgical expertise. Our physicians enjoy access to state-of-the-art technology, an integrated care model that facilitates coordinated care, and a variety of exceptional practice-support and panel management tools. Our new physician mentoring program and continuing education support ongoing professional development. We offer a variety of excellent primary care career opportunities in internal medicine and family medicine and invite you to explore our current openings here.