Helping Physicians and Patients Thrive with State-of-the-Art Technology
July 18, 2016
Northwest Permanente is an industry leader in healthcare technology. We increase the efficiency and quality of patient care, enhance the effectiveness of care providers, and improve the overall member experience through technological innovation.
From cutting-edge electronic records systems, to patient-centered preventive care services; from advanced medical facilities and labs, to a breakthrough research division — Read on to learn more about how Northwest Permanente’s important technology endeavors are shaping the future of healthcare.
Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect®
Northwest Permanente’s electronic records system, Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect®, is one of the largest private electronic health systems in the world. It is an essential part of our integrated healthcare structure.
HealthConnect® provides the foundation for a seamless care delivery experience for patients and helps physicians stay up-to-date with the latest treatments and protocols. The system also maintains patient safety by providing quick access to each individual’s complete medical information, ensuring that members receive the right care at the right time.
- All 9.1 million members have access to their medical records and health management tools 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, anywhere in the world.
- 4 million members are registered to use My Health Manager.
- 9 million lab results are accessed each month.
- 2 million emails are sent to healthcare providers each month.
- 2 million prescriptions are refilled online each month.
- 300,000 appointments are scheduled online each month.
My Health Manager
My Health Manager encourages patients to actively participate in their healthcare. Research has found that members who have online access to their health information are more likely to participate in preventive measures such as mammograms, pap tests, colorectal cancer screening and HbA1c testing for diabetes. My Health Manager offers online access and more.
The service, which is directly linked to Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect®, provides a secure non-urgent email messaging system through which patients can communicate with their doctors at any time, from any location. Patients can also use the system to quickly view and schedule appointments, refill prescriptions and upload digital images for their primary physician. Members can access My Health Manager from anywhere in the world via mobile apps for Android and Apple smartphones.
My Health Manager Features
- Welcome: A handy to-do list to help members access online health tools and a Total Health Assessment to assist them in making healthy choices.
- My Message Center: Members can securely email their providers with routine questions, contact Member Services, and contact the web manager.
- My Coverage and Costs: Members can easily pay medical bills, access plan and benefits information, download forms, and more.
- Appointment Center: Members can quickly and conveniently schedule appointments online, view or cancel upcoming appointments, or view past appointments.
- Pharmacy Center: Members can manage prescriptions and learn about specific medications in our drug encyclopedia.
- My Medical Record: Members can view test results, immunizations, health reminders, and more.
Northwest Permanente is part of The Permanente Medical Groups, which provide care for Kaiser Permanente members. Permanente Medicine continues to maintain and improve the quality of patient care by utilizing the most advanced lab and medical facility resources available.
Northwest Permanente recruited physicians rapidly, precisely and safely diagnose members through the power of automation. By returning results more quickly, they are able to diagnose and treat their patients more efficiently and at a lower cost per patient. Other areas of advancement for laboratory systems include genetics testing and molecular testing in the treatment of infectious diseases.
Division of Research
As one of Northwest Permanente’s partners, the Kaiser Permanente Division of Research conducts, publishes and disseminates epidemiologic and health services research to improve the health and medical care of their members and society at large. It seeks to understand the determinants of illness and wellbeing, and to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of healthcare. Currently, the Division of Research’s staff of more than 550 is conducting more than 400 epidemiological and health services research projects. For more information, please visit the DOR website.
Northwest Permanente’s vision to transform health care is “built upon the notion that an advanced, integrated medical group can affect positive change in a person’s life.” To join the team, click here for current family medicine, internal medicine or other physician specialty openings.