The Pacific Northwest’s atmosphere of engaging activity creates many opportunities to take part in entertaining events in any one of our cities or towns.
The Pacific Northwest has a dedicated and enthusiastic population of sports fans. Portland is home to major league sports organizations like the Trail Blazers (NBA), the Thorns (NWSL), and the Timbers (MLS). Additionally, with many large colleges and universities in the region, college sporting events abound all year throughout the Northwest.
The Northwest offers an impressive selection of live music options, including a variety of music festivals, operas, chamber orchestras and symphonies. On most nights of the week, one can find a variety of opportunities for musical entertainment at rock venues, and even converted turn-of-the-century houses.
One of the defining features of Pacific Northwest life is the artistic spirit of its communities. Eugene’s Plein Air Paint Out, Portland’s Crafty Wonderland, Vancouver’s Recycled Arts festival, and Longview’s annual Art in the Park festival, are regular art events in the region.
Cycling and Running
In the Pacific Northwest, we take our outdoor fun very seriously. The region is renowned for its active bicycling and running culture, and there are many opportunities to join in.
- Reach The Beach, the American Lung Association’s annual ride, is one of Oregon’s premier cycling events and offers numerous start locations
- The Seattle to Portland Classic, the largest multi-day bicycle event in the Northwest, attracts more than ten thousand riders annually
- Cycle Oregon, referred to by participants as “the Best Bike Ride in America,” takes place throughout Oregon and benefits cycling-related causes
- The Monster Cookie Ride, the Salem Bicycle Club’s premier spring cycling event
- Ride Around Clark County, the largest annual cycling event in southwest Washington
- Tour de Blast, an annual riding event in the Mt. St. Helens blast zone
- The Hood to Coast relay race series, which involves 1,050 teams of 12 runners on a 197-mile course
- Eugene’s annual Run Big trail series, six races in beautiful locations around Lane County
- The Portland Marathon, one of the top-ten road race events in the U.S., is assisted by 4,500 volunteers and features live entertainment at 53 locations along the course
- The Epic Oregon Relay, an annual relay race from Portland to Eugene
- The Volcanic 50, an annual 50K+ run circumnavigating Mt. St. Helens in Washington
These are just a few of the many lively events taking place all around the region. Visit the Northwest Living Resources page to search for additional activities. Whatever your interests, you are sure to find an activity to fit your lifestyle perfectly.
Search Physician & Administrative Careers:
We invite you to join our growing family of physicians, surgeons, administrators and clinicians in the great Northwest. Search our job listings for your perfect career.View All Careers View Administrative Careers