Oregon’s Urban Heartbeat
Portland, Oregon is beloved for its beautiful scenery, as well as its vibrant urban culture. Its cultural core is grounded in museums, theaters, galleries, and a robust arts community, as well as one of the premier comedy scenes in the nation. Portland is a dining destination, and its cuisine—from five-star restaurants, to food carts, to donuts—rivals New York City’s for variety and excellence. When it comes to scenic beauty, Portland is at the epicenter, with The Cascade Mountains, Columbia River Gorge, Oregon Coast, and wine country all a short drive away. Explore all that Portland has to offer, where the great outdoors is your backyard.
Portland is a place where people know their neighbors. Each neighborhood is more than just collections of houses; they are genuine communities. They all have their own distinctive personality and appeal, and contribute to the Portland community as a whole.
- Nob Hill: a historic neighborhood of beautiful homes, apartments, and condos, interspersed with some of Portland’s quintessential restaurants and boutiques
- The Pearl: centrally located and very walkable, this area boasts many of Portland’s trendiest shops and restaurants
- South Waterfront: a neighborhood with great views and ready access to downtown, just hop on the Portland Streetcar
- Alberta: a hip neighborhood with a vibrant arts scene, great food and lots of independent businesses
- Hawthorne: a neighborhood that retains the essence of its counter-cultural heritage, and is lined with historic homes, unique boutiques, and gorgeous parks
Circling the urban core is a network of highly sought-after suburbs with larger homes, attractive lots and strong schools.
- Milwaukie: a small town hidden on the edge of Portland, with plenty of seasonal and monthly events like Sunday Farmers’ Markets and Art a la Carte
- Hillsboro: Oregon’s fifth-largest city, complete with fresh local produce, safe streets, and great local schools
- Beaverton: a family-friendly city seven miles west of Portland, with the largest shopping district on the west side and 1,000 acres of parks
- Tualatin: a diverse community twelve miles south of Portland, with beautiful parks and local activities of all kinds
- Lake Oswego: an upscale neighborhood with beautiful homes, outstanding public schools, trendy shopping and lovely views
Protecting and nurturing Portland’s natural environment is of paramount importance to residents, who take particular pride in community gardens and sustainable living. Portland’s thriving bike culture and award-winning bus and light-rail system help preserve its pristine natural beauty and minimize traffic.
Portland’s unique personality, picturesque surroundings, and exceptional synthesis of community atmosphere, make it a place anyone would want to call home. Search for a career at Northwest Permanente, P.C. where you can build your future, and experience an active lifestyle in the great Northwest.
Northwest Permanente in Portland, OR
Portland Monthly's Top Docs
Each year Portland Monthly magazine compiles a list of the top medical providers in the region. For the second year in a row, KPNW has the most “Top Docs” of Read MoreView Event