Information Analyst IV
The Care Delivery Analytics team at Northwest Permanante is welcoming applications for an Information Analyst level IV (IA 4) technical position located at our administrative building in Portland, Oregon. The IA 4 will assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by designing and executing quantitative and qualitative analysis for business areas and providing recommendations for decision making under uncertainty. This position also provides analytical expertise to identify opportunities for sustained business improvement.
Job Post Date: 2017-11-20
Office: Kaiser Permanente Bldg
Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of health care. As the largest integrated care delivery organization in the United States, Kaiser Permanente, founded in 1945, is recognized as one of America’s leading health care providers and nonprofit health plans. Our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
Kaiser Permanente Northwest (KPNW)— made up of over 11,000 employees, more than 1,300 physicians and 150 dentists — provides and arranges medical care exclusively for health plan members. In the Portland-Vancouver area, Kaiser Permanente operates 34 medical offices and 2 hospitals. Today, the Northwest Region serves more than 576,000 medical and 244,000 dental members whose care is largely provided by Northwest Permanente, P.C., (NWP) and Permanente Dental Associates (PDA).
The Care Delivery Analytics team at Northwest Permanente is welcoming applications for an Information Analyst level IV (IA 4) technical position located at our administrative building in Portland, Oregon. The IA 4 will assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by designing and executing quantitative and qualitative analysis for business areas and providing recommendations for decision making under uncertainty. This position also provides analytical expertise to identify opportunities for sustained business improvement.
- Accountable for operationalizing conceptually defined variables and translating specific business issues and questions into appropriate functional and analytic designs.
- Accountable for designing and interpreting analyses of data, providing recommendations in support of critical business decisions.
- Prepare presentations that communicate complex analysis and findings in a simple, concise and interpretable manner.
- Strategic management decision-making.
- Identify information gaps, provide recommendations and initiate appropriate activity or escalation.
- Regularly use SAS, PC-based spreadsheet, database, and statistical software to produce quantitative analyses and reports.
- Actively contribute to multiple analytical efforts by collaborating through project documentation, data extraction from various data repositories and subsequent data summarization, manipulation, display, and presentation preparation.
- Data management and analytic responsibilities require linkage of multiple large databases and the development and maintenance of moderate to very large sized research databases for use in data analysis and tracking. Produce graphs and tables for reports, presentations and publication. Carefully document all programs, data sets and analyses.
- Analysis business decisions & attestations within complex business unit
- Provides and implements recommendations
- Complex & statistical modeling
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in a quantitative or technical discipline, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Seven years of analytical experience.
- Five years health care or insurance experience.
- Expert knowledge with BI and analytical tools such as SAS, SPSS and Cognos.
- Proven skills in project management, including the following attributes: efficient, collaborative, candid, open, and results-oriented. Establish clear performance contracts and project workplans.
- Strong working knowledge in the use of current SQL software, including SAS/SQL, Oracle and Teradata, and Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to conduct, interpret and present quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (1:1, peer, multi-disciplinary group, presentations, written). Be assertive, objective and be able to confront clients with difficult issues.
- Responsible for developing and managing within project budget, where applicable.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced degree in a quantitative or technical discipline.
- Specific and broad knowledge of KPNW operations, KP applications, and KP HealthConnect, including Hyperspace, Clarity and Chronicles.
- Five years of analytical experience.
- Two years health care or insurance experience.
- Expertise in multiple business units (service delivery, insurance, finance).