Information Analyst III (Technical - Practice Support)
Northwest Permanente has an opening for an Information Analyst III (technical) on the quality team in our Practice Support group. NWP Practice Support is dedicated to providing accurate data and analytical insights to support effective, efficient medical care for our members. Sound data infrastructure is at the core of everything we do.
Job Post Date: 2018-02-16
Office: Kaiser Permanente Bldg
Kaiser Permanente, founded in 1945, is committed to helping shape the future of health care. As the largest integrated care delivery organization in the United States, Kaiser Permanente is recognized as one of America’s leading health care providers and nonprofit health plans. Our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
Kaiser Permanente Northwest (KPNW) — made up of over 11,000 employees, more than 1,300 physicians, and 150 dentists — provides and arranges medical care exclusively for health plan members. In the Portland-Vancouver area, Kaiser Permanente operates 34 medical offices and 2 hospitals. Today, the Northwest Region serves more than 576,000 medical and 244,000 dental members, whose care is largely provided by Northwest Permanente, P.C., (NWP) and Permanente Dental Associates (PDA).
Northwest Permanente is seeking an Information Analyst III (technical) on the quality team in our Practice Support group.
NWP Practice Support is dedicated to providing accurate data and analytical insights to support effective, efficient medical care for our members. Sound data infrastructure is at the core of everything we do.
In collaboration with business clients and data teams, provide information analysis and analytical modeling support:
- Perform complex analyses on a broad range of clinical quality issues. Design and execute analytic approaches. Interpret and synthesize findings into actionable recommendations. Communicate complex analyses and findings in a concise and understandable manner. Proactively identify and research key clinical quality issues by regularly analyzing trends.
- Provide data consulting, technical, and analytical support, working independently with quality strategy and quality implementation teams. Participate fully in project management and completion. Work collaboratively with KPIT to develop PST care gaps and KPHC decision support to enhance quality and safety of patient care.
- Develop and maintain clinical performance measures and reporting systems to inform clinicians, staff, employers, and members on current trends and performance relative to key clinical initiatives. Update regularly to ensure consistency with clinical protocols and external benchmarks.
- Participate in research, analysis, and remediation of moderately complex data issues that directly affect reporting and analysis. Work collaboratively with data teams to translate business information requirements into useful data sources. Contribute to the maintenance of essential technical documentation.
- Continuously improve and expand technical and analytical skills through formal and informal training, as well as assignments. Transfer knowledge and tools to clients through advice, informal and formal training and coaching activities.
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative or technical discipline, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Five (5) years analytical experience
- Two (2) years health-care experience
- Strong proficiency in the use of SAS and/or SQL programming languages, Oracle and Teradata database management systems, or equivalent.
- Proven ability to conduct, interpret, and present quantitative/qualitative analyses.
- Proven skills in project management, including clear project plans and deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Be assertive, objective, and candid in advising clients on difficult issues.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative or technical discipline
- Additional years of experience as a health-care analyst
- Epic certified in population management & reporting tools
- Previous experience with quality improvement and national benchmarks such as HEDIS
- Specific and broad knowledge of KPNW operations, KP HealthConnect, including Hyperspace, Clarity and Chronicles