Financial Analyst II
Northwest Permanente (NWP) is seeking a Financial Analyst II to join our Accounting/Finance department. The Financial Analyst II reports to and works directly with the Manager of Financial Analytics to complete provider contract analytics, and to support financial projects and deliverables for the department. At Northwest Permanente and Kaiser Permanente, the work you do every day supports the health of our members. Thats because each of usfrom our business professionals and IT team members to our RNs and physicians on the front line of careshares a commitment to providing the best possible care experience.
Job Post Date: 2017-08-30
Office: Kaiser Permanente Bldg
Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of health care. As the largest integrated care delivery organization in the United States, Kaiser Permanente is recognized as one of America’s leading health care providers and nonprofit health plans. Founded in 1945, our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
Kaiser Permanente Northwest (KPNW)— made up of over 11,000 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 140 dentists — provides and arranges medical care exclusively for health plan members. In the Portland-Vancouver area, Kaiser Permanente operates 36 medical offices and two hospitals. Today, the Northwest Region serves more than 576,000 medical and 244,000 dental members whose care is largely provided by Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) and Permanente Dental Associates (PDA).
At Northwest Permanente and Kaiser Permanente, the work you do every day supports the health of our members. That’s because each of us—from our business professionals and IT team members to our RNs and physicians on the front line of care—shares a commitment to providing the best possible care experience. Widely regarded as a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts, the Pacific Northwest blends urban bustle with open space in a way that is sure to enhance your own state of well-being. Looking to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success? Join us and put your beliefs into practice.
Northwest Permanente (NWP) is seeking a Financial Analyst II to join our Accounting/Finance department. The Financial Analyst II reports to and works directly with the Manager of Financial Analytics to complete provider contract analytics, and to support financial projects and deliverables for the department. Provides analytical support for hospital/facility/professional contract negotiations throughout the contract life cycle to the Director of Contracting and the Provider Contract Managers. Provides executive decision support on contract strategy and issues regarding implementation of negotiated terms. Interacts with analysts and leadership in other departments such as: Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, NWP Finance, Actuarial, Sales, Marketing Research and National Provider Contracting.
- Prepares Medium to more complex financial trend and data analysis reports
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data
- Performs financial analysis upon identification of variances and prepares summary of key findings
- Responsible for more complex departments/functions
- May be responsible for budget system completion
- Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets and forecasts
- Participates in projects of moderate complexity as assigned and may lead projects of low complexity
- Responsibilities impact the achievement of department objectives
- Results usually contribute to the completion of projects and department objectives
- Typical errors would cause moderate delays, inefficiencies and/or expenses
- Typically involves interpreting and carrying out general guidelines
- Requires some judgment to develop alternatives
- Provides information to others to be used in the decision-making process
- Requires limited decision-making
- Demonstrated problem solving and organization skills
- Exchanges and interprets non-routine information and/or collaboration of work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Follows generally defined directions
- Works under general supervision
- Exercises some discretion within defined boundaries
- Will seek a supervisor or manager to provide guidance and/or solve problems for difficult issues
- Bachelor's degree in finance related field or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems
- Able to formulate study designs and conduct analyses
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards
- General application of financial analysis concepts and principles
- Full use and application of standard, financial analysis principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Required proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, and macros
- Typically 2 to 4 years financial analysis experience
- Extensive use MS Office products
- Use of Data Query tools
- Healthcare/insurance experience
Northwest Permanente, PC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
All external hires are required to pass a pre-employment background screen.