Executive Assistant II (Hospital Services Administration)
Northwest Permanente (NWP) is a self-governed (physician led), multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 570,000 members in OR and Southwest WA. Northwest Permanente has a full-time position available for an Executive Assistant II in our Hospital Services Administration Department. This position provides independent self-directed, professional, confidential executive level assistance and project coordination for an Executive and as needed other senior management members of the functions Leadership Team to support the overall business strategies. This position is used for VPs only.
Job Post Date: 2017-10-20
Office: Kaiser Permanente Bldg
Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of health care. As the largest integrated care delivery organization in the United States, Kaiser Permanente is recognized as one of America’s leading health care providers and nonprofit health plans. Founded in 1945, our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
Kaiser Permanente Northwest (KPNW)— made up of over 11,000 employees, more than 1,300 physicians and 150 dentists — provides and arranges medical care exclusively for health plan members. In the Portland-Vancouver area, Kaiser Permanente operates 36 medical offices and two hospitals. Today, the Northwest Region serves more than 576,000 medical and 244,000 dental members whose care is largely provided by Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) and Permanente Dental Associates (PDA).
Northwest Permanente (NWP) is a self-governed (physician led), multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 570,000 members in OR and Southwest WA. Northwest Permanente has a full-time position available for an Executive Assistant II in our Hospital Services Administration department. This position provides independent self-directed, professional, confidential executive level assistance and project coordination for an Executive and as needed other senior management members of the functions Leadership Team to support the overall business strategies. This position is used for VPs only.
- Provide complex executive administrative support for the Executive, by acting as intermediary and personally
handling routine matters, by transmitting messages, orders, and requests, both written and verbal, between the
Executive and/or other regional, area and local administrators and with interregional and Program Office
representatives. Provide liaison assistance, locate information, provides procedural assistance, and serve as
central contact and communications liaison. Takes a major role in independently coordinating and overseeing
logistics of projects as assigned. Coordinate project deliverables/issues with key stakeholders. Facilitates project
meetings and reports meeting minutes, decisions made, action plans. Identifies and works to remove barriers to
successful completion of the overall project. Makes ad-hoc recommendations for project management
improvements related to productivity, performance, best practices and morale. Delegates or coordinate work
assignments to other administrative staff and oversee completion of assignments. Serves as a central
contact/liaison for a division working with other executives and manages to coordinate project, research and
- Supports functional area Leadership Team. Attend and participate in Leadership Team meetings. Oversee
preparation of meeting material; take confidential minutes, track assignments and follow-up activities and actions
agreed upon by the team. Monitor and coordinate assignments and ongoing work to ensure timely and appropriate
action. Work with all members of Leadership Team to manage ongoing leadership activities. Responsible for
planning and implementing executive level leadership activities.
- Manage complex appointment calendar for Executive. Routinely juggle multiple competing appointments. Make
decisions about prioritizing critical appointments with key staff and regional leadership. Arrange and carry out
conference and committee meetings locally and regionally. Coordinate, prioritize and confirm upcoming meetings.
Arrange meetings to optimize leader's effectiveness, allowing time for other priorities and responsibilities.
- Answer, evaluate and triage calls from many different sources, including concerns or complaints that are
directed to the Executive's office. Make decisions about routing of important calls when leader is not available.
- Respond independently to routine daily correspondence and compose and initiate other more complex
correspondence for approval. Sign on behalf of the Executive as delegated on correspondence and other
appropriate documents. Thoroughly review all incoming materials to ensure that proper action is taken, including
routing and signatures.
- Assist in tracking and completing various reports. This includes preparing and managing performance reviews
and accountabilities for the Executive's staff by gathering, organizing, and compiling information. Oversee
completion of monthly expense reports and budget tracking for leader's functional area.Prepare and distribute
documents and reports using a variety of word-processing, spreadsheet, statistical, and database software. Assist
in coordinating the development of presentations and other documents for use in professional committees,
appointments, speaking engagements, etc.
- Oversees or supervisors work of other Administrative level positions in the department. Coordinates works and
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Executive and other senior staff members. May meet with Hotel Directors
of Sales to coordinate meeting locations, visual aid requirements, luncheons, etc. Arrange travel and meetings for
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required
MINIMUM EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required
- Minimum five (5) years progressively responsible administrative/executive assistant level experience
- Experience with progressive responsibility and increasing scope of duties and discretion, which must include independent and self-directed work experience
- Proven experience coordinating or managing projects
- Working knowledge of Kaiser Permanente (KP) Northwest and familiarity with each of the Program's established Regions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of executive level secretarial procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of word processing applications and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft
- Working knowledge of hotel, airlines, and auto reservation processes.
- Comprehensive written and oral communication skills and excellent problem solving skills. Analytical skills including strong mathematical skills.
- Judgment and tact in handling messages to and from Program Office, Division Office, and interdivisional personnel
- Demonstrated strong time management, organization, project management and prioritization skills, and ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner, with attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to be flexible, detail oriented and anticipate needs of manager.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet manner.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and demonstrate appropriate assertiveness.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a self directed manner, with attention to detail and follow through.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum seven (7) years of executive level administrative support experience in an administrative assistant, executive
secretary, or related position
- Comprehensive knowledge of executive/secretarial systems, processes and procedures in a large complex organization
- Thorough knowledge of Kaiser Permanente (KP) Northwest Region and familiarity with each of the Program's established Regions
- Expert knowledge of executive/secretarial systems, processes and procedures in a large complex organization
- Thorough knowledge of organizational practices
- Ability to work in a busy office environment with conflicting demands, and to work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Ability to function independently with little or no supervision
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Working dictation skills
- Strong Communication and organizational skills