Data Analyst III (Technical)
Northwest Permanente (NWP) has an opening for a Data Analyst III (technical) to join our Care Delivery Analytics team. The Data Analyst 3 position works in collaboration with KPIT and business clients to define, design, document and build domain level information marts for purposes of supporting end user reporting and consistent business rule definitions. NWP is dedicated to providing accurate data and analytical insights to support effective, efficient medical care for our members. Sound data infrastructure is at the core of everything we do.
Job Post Date: 2018-02-17
Office: Kaiser Permanente Bldg
Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of health care. As the largest integrated care delivery organization in the United States, Kaiser Permanente is recognized as one of America’s leading health care providers and nonprofit health plans. Founded in 1945, our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
Kaiser Permanente Northwest (KPNW)— made up of over 11,000 employees, more than 1,300 physicians and 150 dentists — provides and arranges medical care exclusively for health plan members. In the Portland-Vancouver area, Kaiser Permanente operates 36 medical offices and two hospitals. Today, the Northwest Region serves more than 576,000 medical and 244,000 dental members whose care is largely provided by Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP) and Permanente Dental Associates (PDA).
Northwest Permanente (NWP) is a self-governed (physician led), multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 570,000 members in OR and Southwest WA. NWP has an opening for a Data Analyst III (technical) to join our Care Delivery Analytics team. The Data Analyst 3 position works in collaboration with KPIT and business clients to define, design, document and build domain level information marts for purposes of supporting end user reporting and consistent business rule definitions. NWP is dedicated to providing accurate data and analytical insights to support effective, efficient medical care for our members. Sound data infrastructure is at the core of everything we do.
- Work collaboratively with information analysts and business users to translate clinical and business information requirements into useful data sources for efficient analysis and reporting. Prepare technical specifications based on business requirements.
- Document, build, and maintain logical/physical data models and data marts. Develop data definitions and metadata structures consistent with current standards and conventions. Extract, transform, and load data into data marts.
- Maintain content and documentation of existing data models and data marts. Support transition to, and inclusion of new data sources and standards. Collaborate with colleagues to develop alternative solutions for meeting complex or conflicting requirements, consistent with the overall data architecture.
- Monitor and maintain quality of data transformed and incorporated into data marts. Participate in research, analysis, and remediation of data issues that directly affect reporting and analysis.
- Continuously improve and expand technical and analytical skills through formal and informal training, as well as assignments. Transfer knowledge and tools to analysts through advice, informal and formal training and coaching activities.
- Advanced degree in analytical or technical discipline, or equivalent technical certification, knowledge & experience.
- 3 years of experience designing and developing ETL processes, including use of ETL tools, or 5 years of analytical experience in a data warehouse environment
- Strong proficiency in the use of SAS and/or SQL programming languages, Oracle and Teradata database management systems, or equivalent.
- Strong proficiency in logical data modeling and tools.
- Proven skills in project management, including clear project plans and deliverables, and the preparation of technical specifications.
- 5+ years database programming experience
- 2+ years of data modeling experience, using tools such as Erwin
- Specific and broad knowledge of KPNW operations, KP HealthConnect, including Hyperspace, Clarity and Chronicles
- Experience as an analyst in health care delivery and/or health insurance