Administrative Assistant IV (Regional Administration)
Northwest Permanente (NWP) is a self-governed (physician led), multi-specialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 576,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Northwest Permanente has a position available for an Administrative Assistant IV located at our administrative building in the Department of Regional Administration. This position provides complex administrative support while working directly with our executive leaders and with a highly collaborative and productive team.
Job Post Date: 2017-10-23
Office: Kaiser Permanente Bldg
Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of health care. As the largest integrated care delivery organization in the United States, Kaiser Permanente, founded in 1945, is recognized as one of America’s leading health care providers and nonprofit health plans. Our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
Kaiser Permanente Northwest (KPNW)— made up of over 11,000 employees, more than 1,300 physicians and 150 dentists — provides and arranges medical care exclusively for health plan members. In the Portland-Vancouver area, Kaiser Permanente operates 34 medical offices and 2 hospitals. Today, the Northwest Region serves more than 576,000 medical and 244,000 dental members whose care is largely provided by Northwest Permanente, P.C., (NWP) and Permanente Dental Associates (PDA).
Northwest Permanente has a position available for an Administrative Assistant IV located at our administrative building in the Department of Regional Administration. This position provides complex administrative support while working directly with our executive leaders and with a highly collaborative and productive team.
- Sign routine correspondence on behalf of supervisor, or in own name. Receive requests for information concerning supervisor's programs; advise when material can be furnished and prepare it or follow up to see that such material is prepared in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Provide support or be responsible for coordination of independent special projects. May assist in the budget process and maintain budget records. May coordinate, review and oversee the work of subordinate clerical employees.
- Receives telephone and personal callers, in absence of supervisor, screen those which can be handled by others; make referrals; answer questions not requiring research or technical knowledge.
- Act on supervisor’s behalf in accomplishing general and complex administrative matters that may involve making decisions and commitments within scope of delegated authority.
- Make all necessary travel arrangements for supervisor and staff, including making reservations for transportation, hotel reservations, and registration fees. Maintains and coordinates itineraries and preparation for travel related activities, including travel reports.
- Maintain supervisor’s calendar or multiple calendars and schedule appointments and conferences; assure that supervisor is fully briefed on matters to be considered before scheduled meetings. Includes coordinating catering and food supplied at meetings or conferences.
- Provide a wide variety of services requiring a high degree of skill in office methods and functions.
- Maintain budget records, process requisitions, invoices and personnel forms
- Process expense reports and credit card billing statements.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) years of professional administrative experience and or experience utilizing progressively responsible administrative/executive level administrative support skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in customer service or client relations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete detailed complex work with accuracy and within time line requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to execute duties using highest level of tact and integrity
- Proficiency in taking and recording minutes
- Working knowledge of specialized subject matter, specialized office equipment, and complex office systems
- Experience developing presentations
- Proficient in business software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint